I’m getting REALLY excited about my Book Launch Party on Sunday, and wanted to share the flyer I designed with you:
I’ve never been to a book launch party, much less hosted one before, but I think it will be really cool. I’m planning a bunch of different ‘Stations’, with all kinds of activities.
There will be Coloring Stations where people can ‘Create, Color, Pattern & Play’ with some of the pages from the new books, as well as try out different tools and materials.
Friends from my local calligraphy guild, Scribes of Central Florida, will be at a Calligraphy Station where anyone interested in lettering can chat with a calligrapher, and try out Sakura’s new Pigma® Calligrapher® pens.
There will be a Crafting Station where some of my creative friends will take turns demo-ing their favorite crafts;
a Zenspirations® Create, Color, Pattern, Play Station where blog followers and members of the new FB group can hang out together,
I’ve also invited friends from the local chapter of the Modern Widows Club to host a Connection Station for people who are interested in information about the organization and/or grief support. MWC made a huge difference in my life after my husband died, and I believe in the work they do so strongly that I’m giving a small percentage of sales from When You Lose Someone You Love to MWC. I think it is important to give back, and I’m proud to support MWC in the important mentoring work it offers to widows around the world. If you or someone you know has recently lost a spouse, I’d highly recommend reaching out to MWC: www.modernwidowsclub.com. There are chapters across the US, but even if you don’t live near a chapter, the on-line community support is phenomenal.
If you are driving distance from Orlando, I hope you’ll come help me celebrate… and hang out with other Creativity Enthusiasts. I’m trying to get a rough head count, so if you plan to attend please leave a comment to let me know.
In addition to the Book Launch I have more news to share— my publisher asked if I could fit in one more book by the end of October, and although it’s another CRAZY deadline, I said yes! It’s to make a set of four faith-based books which will be distributed by one of my favorite gift companies… so I’m really excited about it. The working title is L’Chaim: Celebrate Life; Judaic Expressions, and I’m hoping that some of you will help me create inspiration samples for the newest addition to the series. Since the contest we did last time seemed to be a lot of fun, and garnered lots of amazing inspiration samples, we’ll do another contest for this book.
If you post two designs, you’ll have two chances to win; if you post five designs, you’ll have five chances to win. The prizes winners will be selected at random; the pieces to include in the new book will be selected by my editor and me.
1. You will need to post your creations by end of day Sunday, September 27th.
2. My editor and I are looking for designs which will inspire others by showing a variety of coloring and patterning techniques, so don’t be afraid to try different things. The more you do the better your chance to be included in the book or win a prize!
3. VERY IMPORTANT: PUT YOUR NAME, e-dress and phone number on each design before you scan or photograph it!
4. Post your images IN the appropriate album in the new Zenspirations® Create, Color, Pattern, Play Facebook Group. You can get to the albums by clicking the Photos button underneath the imagine banner.
5. If your art is selected, you’ll need to send my publisher a high-res scan (300 dpi) or the original art so they can scan it, and you’ll need to sign a Permission-to-Publish form.
10. You can e-mail me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions: please put “ZENSPIRATIONS® COLORING ENTHUSIAST QUESTIONS” in the subject line.
Here are the five designs:
Click here to download your free copy of THE LAST BUTTERFLY:
I look forward to seeing your interpretation of them!